Mr. Shawn J. Wilhite was head of the SCA Latin department, and taught Latin 2a, Latin 2b, and Senior Thesis.
Mr. Wilhite currently teaches with California Baptist University. His field of study is the New Testament and Early Christian Origins. His dissertation engages Theological Interpretation of Scripture, New Testament Reception, and Patristic Hermeneutics. Long term, he desires to teach within a collegiate setting, regularly contribute to his field through publications and paper presentations, and minister to the local church. Currently, he is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society, North American Patristics Society, and Society of Biblical Literature.
Achievements and Publications:
Patrick of Ireland: His Life and Impact (2013). Coauthored with Michael A.G. Haykin
- A monograph on the Didache (forthcoming)
- Editor and Contributor to Fides et Humilitas: The Journal for the Center of Ancient Christian Studies
- Series Editor and Contributor to Apostolic Fathers Greek Reader
- Contributor to the Lexham Bible Dictionary
- Paper Award at the Evangelical Theological Society Southeast Regional Meeting: Revisiting the Historical Present: John 13 as a Test Case for the Prominence of Discourse Features