Thank you for your interest in serving both the students and parents of Sayers Classical Academy (SCA). SCA provides an integrative education by taking an approach that is classical and Christian in both its delivery and content.
SCA faculty and staff exemplify Christian character and personal commitment to lifelong learning. Every faculty member is a vital asset to the success of SCA and the growth of the child into becoming a mature young man & woman.
To this end, we expect our faculty to understand our mission and teaching methods; not be content with the passing of facts but the cultivation of virtue and Christian character; seek to connect every subject with life and eternity in a winsome fashion; hold a strong standard of decorum both personally and among the student body; and to commit themselves to partner with parents through community and genuine Christian love.
Additionally, we expect those on our faculty who have children old enough for our programs to enroll their children in our programs. This demonstrates their personal commitment to our educational philosophy and their personal investment in the Sayers community.
If you share our philosophy and embrace the vision of our Mission Statement, we invite you to submit an application.
Tutor Application Process:
- Step One: Get to Know SCA
- Step Two: Complete & Submit Application
- Step Three: Interview & Teaching Module
The first step in the application process is to read closely the information listed below in order to have a better understanding of our educational philosophy and pedagogy.
- SCA Mission Statement
- SCA Statement of Faith
- The Classical Approach to Education
- The Historical Development of Sayers Classical Academy
- Academic Program Options
Please complete all forms for the position you are applying for, Support Services Staff Application or Tutor Faculty Application, and submit to DeanofFaculty@SayersClassical.org. Please include your resume and a photograph of yourself.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: as you fill out this form, copy/paste the form into a document on your own computer, and save it for your records before submitting the form; this way, if there are any computer glitches, then you have your own copy, and you will not lose your work/information.
- Application forms must be filled out in their entirety to be considered for employment.
- Applicants must choose to apply for each position individually. If applicant would like to be considered for both positions, Support Services and Tutor Faculty, then both applications must be completed in their entirety.
Applicants will be contacted by an Administrative Office team member if selected for an interview. If contacted, part of the interview process for Tutor Applicants is a Teaching Module where the applicant prepares a lesson to teach to a mixed group audience in order to evaluate your approach and teaching style.
Reflections from Previous Tutors about their Time at SCA